Restaurant Marketing Example:
Getting from #368 to #3 on TripAdvisor
Restaurant Šug (Croatian word for sauce) is located in the city of Split in Croatia. Though five minutes away from the city centre, it is very much off the beaten path. It is located in a side street, outside the main pedestrian routes. Due to its location it had extremely low number of walk-in guests. Due to weak digital marketing, it had zero online bookings.
What this restaurant did have, is high quality of the food it served and very hospitable staff. Its two award-winning young chefs have put together a great menu. However, due to weak marketing few guests were aware that this culinary gem existed.
- Restaurant has jumped from #368 to #3 on TripAdvisor
- got an increase of 6,887 walk-in guests
- got an increase of 2.042 reservations
These are key metrics, in additions the restaurant had thousands of clicks to restaurant’s TripAdvisor and Google Maps profiles.
High ranking resulted in huge increase in guests, but also unfortunately in overbooking which reduced the ranking a bit, until the end of the main tourist season in October.
How Did We Achieve This?
- For a start we fully optimized restaurant’s TripAdvisor profile
- Then we provided the restaurant with practical tools that allowed the guests to leave a review with “1 click”
- For Google Maps the first step was a keyword research to discover what are potential guests looking for
- Followed by optimization process for restaurant’s Google Maps profile
- Responding to reviews made 64% users more likely to book